After a bit of fiddling around with the colors, I finally finished my flying geese cowl. I've admired this pattern for awhile, and after meeting it's designer Mary Jane I moved it to the top of my queue. It really is a great pattern for getting started with stranded color work-the pattern is easy to memorize.
I've also been doing a bit of nature-y painting on my screen porch lately. I can't stop using those briars-love to draw and paint them!
After a long afternoon of raft-building on Sunday, Michael and I took the first "unit" of the raft out to Laura and Strider's to test its buoyancy. It was quickly getting dark, so all the photos we got are blurry, but here's proof that it floats!
As this will be eventually bolted to two other units just like this one, the individual section is super tippy, and to my boys' dismay we don't have photographic evidence of this fact. Strider was brave enough to test it out and ended up in the water in a matter of seconds. It was all very exciting and I'm glad the raft body isn't at the bottom of the lake. More work to come on this soon...
We'll be doing a knit-a-long for the Cotton Loafers from The Knitted Slipper Book this month and I'm working on another small project that uses the same materials- jute from the hardware store and Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton. I love how these materials play off each other, and I'm looking forward to sharing this free pattern with you soon.