In Progress

Laura's project

Hey, remember the knitting project I started a couple of weeks ago? Well, I finished it:

I set out to make a top with a loosely knit front and cotton jersey back. I'm pretty excited it worked:

Olive is a shameless photo bomber....

Inspired by my success making Alabama Chanin style garments, I constructed this top with hand stitching, and left the jersey edges raw:

The back yoke is hand stitched with the seam exposed:

If you are interested in making one of your own, I'll be putting together a very simple pattern soon!

Katie's projects

I started working on my beaded tank again, the first half of the front is stitched and I began stitching the second half. 

But a new t-shirt leapfrogged to the front of the line and it was started and finished in less than 24 hours. 

It's a size large t-shirt from Alabama Studio Sewing & Design. I modified the neckline, but otherwise, followed the pattern just-so. All the seams are hand-sewn and felled.

I tried cretan stitch for the first time. 

My stitches may be on the large side, but I'm just pleased I have a new shirt to wear. The fabric is from a sheet I thrifted and over-dyed. It's a nice, rich color. 

Now, I need to go into production mode and make about 5 more and I'll be set for summer....

3 Comments