Admittedly, I am at a bit of a loss here content-wise, as I would not be posting if it were not NaBloPoMo. I am using this post as an opportunity to list some of the projects I want to do in the upcoming year. I hope to gain focus and maybe have a bit of accountability since now at least a few people know what I hope to be working on after Christmas!
By this time next year I will have:
1. Processed and spun a whole wool fleece, ending up with useable, normal weight yarn- no novelty chunky stuff, which is my current output!
2. Tossed fabric or yarn that I am keeping around just to fill up my stash. If it's not awesome, I will chuck it!
3. Organized my embroidery floss so it is not an expanding tangle of colors, as it is now.
4. Made a straw hat or bonnet. (I know, it's crazy, but I can't get it out of my mind!)
5. Built a dollhouse using alternative building techniques, like cob, mini strawbale or cordwood. For me, not my kids ;)
6. Made a quilt or duvet cover for our bed, a lone star design.
7. Taken a class or learned more about making split white oak baskets.
8. Had my sewing machine tuned up.
9. Made flannel pajama pants for my kids.
10. Figured out a good use for the vintage rick rack I keep buying obsessively.
How about you? What are YOU going to do? Laura will be back tomorrow with actual crafting that is going on presently.